List of Acceptable Valid ID’s in the PhilippinesAugust 15, 2012
Valid ID is any document which prove or verify the identity of a person. Information present on the valid id might include the bearer’s full name, a portrait photo, age, birth date, address, an identification number, profession or rank, religion, ethnic or racial classification, restrictions, and citizenship status.
There are many various types of valid ID you can apply. Some of them can easily be obtained in their respective branch or agencies.
Valid ID is required whenever you transact, enter a corporate premises or even opening a bank account. Here’s the list of Valid ID acceptable in the Philippines:
List of Acceptable Valid ID’s:
- Passport including those issued by foreign governments
- Driver’s license
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
- Police clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Barangay certification
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Social Security System (SSS) card
- Senior Citizen card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) ID
- Seaman’s book
- Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government office and GOCC ID (e.g., AFP, HDMF IDs)
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) certification
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or IC.
- Valid photo-bearing school ID duly signed by the principal or head of the school (for non-voting/minor age students).
- Similar IDs duly issued by the foreign government where the customer is a resident or a citizen may be presented (for non-Philippine resident).
The general conditions for all Identification Document (ID) to be valid and be accepted are:
- it must have a photo of the client;
- it must not be expired; and
- copies must be clear (photo and information details can be readily seen)
- If submitting a photocopy, the original Identification Document must be presented.
Get at least two of those valid ID on the list and tell us in the comments how did it go!